The information you need to know about us
We are BH Live, a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. We have a wholly-owned trading subsidiary BH Live Enterprises. Our company registration numbers are BH Live 07092112 and BH Live Enterprises 07175626. Our charity number is 1138311. Our company is registered at Bournemouth International Centre, Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5BH.
BH Live is the data controller of the information we collect from or about you (personal data), as data controller we are responsible for the security and processing of all personal data.
In this Privacy Notice we have tried to explain in a clear, open and honest way how we collect, use and share your information safely and not doing anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. To assist we will where possible use a variety of techniques to present privacy information to you. We aim to give you greater choice and control where appropriate over how your personal data is used.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with the service or information you’ve requested
- handle the administration of your account and/or ticket purchase. We will contact you regarding any essential changes to the event, or on behalf of the event promoter if an event is cancelled or rescheduled.
- contact you with appropriate marketing messages where you have given us permission to do so
- ensure we contact you based on your preferences depending on the permission you have given us. This may be by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media or via a mobile application
- seek feedback from you following a visit to our venues. Your feedback allows us to improve our website, products, facilities and services
- improve our website and the range of services and products we provide
- keep a record of your relationship with us
- administer competitions to which you have chosen to submit an entry; we will hold your entry details for the purpose of the competition only
- pass your details if required, to the Health & Safety Executive, and relevant parties in the event of an incident which may include CCTV footage
When liaising with credible promoters in relation to an event, your data may be shared for administrative purposes. Promoters may also request that you are offered the opportunity to opt in to receive marketing specifically from them at the point of purchase. With these scenarios, your data will be protected and sent securely.
CCTV is in operation within our premises for:
- crime prevention, detection, the apprehension and prosecution of offenders
- monitoring and collection of visual images to maintain the security of premises, for the prevention and/or investigation of crime
- the purpose of public safety
What personal information do we hold about you?
We only ask you to supply information that we need in order to provide the service you have requested. We will normally ask you to provide us with:
- your name
- your contact details – email, phone numbers, postal address
- Vehicle registration details where we have installed a Vehicle Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system
We may request other information where it’s appropriate and relevant, for example:
- your title
- your payment details
- age or date of birth, where relevant to your participation in an event or activity and marketing
- how you would like us to contact you
- what type of marketing you would like to receive and how you would like to receive it
- Access Scheme eligibility information where relevant. This information is not stored
- your health information
- ID to confirm eligibility
- details of any accident or incident you may have been involved in whilst on our premises
- how you heard about offers, promotions and BH Live
Where we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you in several ways:
- via our websites, apps, social media or ticket offices when you purchase tickets; or when entering competitions
- when you contact us by mail, phone, email, social media or live chat
- when you complete one of our online, tablet or paper-based customer satisfaction surveys or provide feedback
- when submitting an online enquiry form
- when signing up to receive marketing communications online, in person or over the phone
- when you submit an application for our Access Scheme
- when your details are passed to us via a permitted third party such as when you purchase a ticket from a credible ticket agency, for example Ticketmaster for an event held at a BH Live venue. This information will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have indicated consent. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
- when you have used a social media platform to contact us, such as Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter) Threads, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tik Tok and Trip Advisor.
- if you have been in an accident or have been involved in an incident whilst attending an event or activity in one of our venues
- when you, as an individual or club/organisation representative, agreed to hire an activity area on a regular basis
How we may use your personal information for marketing
We rely on marketing to help improve our services and customer experiences. By using the information you provide we are able to contact you with specific marketing messages based on your preferences.
Marketing communications include information about our latest programme announcements, the news, development information and promotions. We may use automated profiling of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual.
We only use your personal information for marketing where you have opted in by giving consent or you have provided permission to other organisations to allow us to market to you, for example, via Facebook.
We understand circumstances may change.
You can easily withdraw the permissions you have given us, at any time either by using our contact details in this notice or the methods we tell you about in communications such as the ‘unsubscribe’ link.
Who we share your data with
We use trusted suppliers to administer ticketing and marketing services. These include but are not limited to:
- Tessitura and Roller – CRM platforms
- Campaign Monitor and Wordfly - communications
We do not share or sell your data to any company for marketing purposes.
We do utilise marketing solutions to administer services that you have agreed to receive, for example:
- mailing houses to despatch our promotions, magazine, letters and event advertising
- website hosting companies which we use to administer our website content and mobile application
- online services to manage customer feedback and service updates
We also use suppliers to help us with marketing:
- email service providers to send our emails and manage your marketing permissions
- mailing houses to send out marketing by post
- telemarketing agencies to contact you by phone or SMS
- an organisation which helps us keep your information accurate and up to date
Some of our suppliers may operate outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This requires us to ensure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law, for example the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at locations outside the EEA.
Under some circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your information without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, local authority, the courts or for other legal reasons.
How we keep your personal information up to date
BH Live has a legal obligation under data protection legislation to keep the personal information it collects accurate and up to date. Among other things, it helps us ensure that we do not contact you with inappropriate information and marketing messages. We keep your information accurate by:
- giving you the opportunity at any time to contact us to correct or change your information
- screening your name and postal address information against Royal Mail’s National Change of Address File: where you have given your permission to Royal Mail, we can either update our records with your new address or note you have moved so we don’t send anything to your old address
- using information publicly available to us
- if you contact us we may ask you to confirm certain details
- when we receive undelivered mail or emails
It’s important for both you and us that your personal information is correct.
If you believe this not to be the case then please e-mail the amended details to email@example.com and we will contact you to verify your identity.
How we keep your personal information safe
We take our obligations to keep your personal data safe and secure very seriously.
Within BH Live, access to your personal information is strictly controlled on a ‘need to know’ basis. Staff members are only allowed access to your personal data if they have been sufficiently trained in data handling. We have specific technical controls in place to restrict access and these are monitored regularly.
Our website is also monitored and protected to prevent it from unauthorised access. All personal data sent to our trusted suppliers is protected. In all cases, we require these companies to comply strictly with our instructions and they are not allowed to use your information for their own business purposes. We also require these companies to have sufficient organisational and technical measures in place to ensure the security of your data.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy.
This means that we will remove data that has been collected directly from you from our systems if you have not made a purchase after a period of time, detailed retention periods can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For data provided to us by our promoters, we are governed by their data retention rules as specified in their privacy notices.
However, in certain circumstances, we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information beyond this time. This mainly concerns financial information regarding any donations or Gift Aid contributions.
If you unsubscribe from email marketing your information will be stored in our email service provider’s suppression list. This is to ensure we do not send you marketing communications that you have unsubscribed from.
How you can find out about the information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us using the contact details in this privacy notice. We will get in contact to verify your identity and if we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be shared with
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Much of our processing will be under the basis of “contractual obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing the services we offer or you have contracted with us for. However, when you have unambiguously opted in to receive information from us, our processing will be based on consent. Of course you will always have the opportunity to object as detailed below.
Asking us to suppress or remove your personal information
Should you wish to not receive information from us in future you can action this by clicking the unsubscribe link you will find on our marketing e-mails or by sending your details to email@example.com and we will quickly suppress your data.
Should you further wish for us to remove your information entirely (and assuming we have no other obligation to keep it) then please let us know and we will do this – but we would encourage you to let us use it for suppression purposes only.
For clarity, data suppression refers to the removal of any unwanted records from a contact database.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will deal with your request promptly.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.&...;
Links to other websites
We link our website directly to other sites.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site linking to other websites and organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Merger or Integration of business
In the event that this business is merged or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to the new company providing the services. This will ensure that you will continue to get your selected information updates and services provided to you.
Your use of our services
Please be sure you are aware of these policy terms while you use this website or one of our venues. Should our terms change these will be shown on this page and in our venues and we may place notices on other pages of the website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.
Changes to this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of BH Live’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed using the contact details in this policy.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review.
This privacy notice was last updated on: January 2024