Attending a show or event
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth International Centre. For up to date event information and event running times (available a few days prior to the event), please visit the show event page on this website. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled events unless advised. You can access your tickets via your online account.
- Tickets are emailed to you in advance of the show. Please have your etickets/Mobile Tickets ready for inspection on arrival. They can be shown on your mobile device and there is no need to print them, although printed copies will be accepted.
- To assist our staff and for faster entry to our venues, please do not bring large bags with you.
- We are a cashless venue so please use card or contactless payments when making a purchase.
- Please be courteous and act responsibly when visiting the venue.
How can I get to the venue?
Be sure to set aside plenty of time for your journey to the venue; Bournemouth International Centre has a multi-story cashless car park located at the side of the building. Please check your route if travelling by public transport as this may have recently changed.
Is there a cloakroom?
Yes, a cloakroom is located at Reception on event days. The cost is £2 per item (card payment only).
Will I be able to buy refreshments?
Yes, refreshments and snacks will be available for customers to purchase. Transactions in the venue will be cashless and paperless throughout our venues.
How will my eticket/Mobile Ticket work?
Every ticket must be purchased in advance as an eticket/Mobile Ticket. This allows us to help you enter the venue more easily and minimise the amount of time you have to queue. Etickets/Mobile Tickets can be shown on your mobile device, there is no need to print your tickets (although printed copies will be accepted).
What do I do if I haven't received my ticket(s)?
You can access your etickets from the My Account section of the website:
- Go to My Account
- Enter your log in details if you aren't already logged in
- Go to Upcoming Events
- Next to the required event click the "View Tickets" button
The on screen tickets can be shown on a mobile device when you arrive for the event.
What time can we go in? What time does the show end?
Doors usually open between 30 minutes and 1 hour before the show starts.
Running times are only approximate, subject to change, and are usually only confirmed a few days before the show. Please check individual event listings for more information.
The BIC has its own multi-storey cashless car park with 644 spaces. More information can be found on our Parking page.
Are your Box Offices open?
You can call our Booking Line on 0300 500 0595*. For this week’s opening hours please visit Ways to book. The venue Box Office will open approximately 2 hours prior to any scheduled event.
*Calls to 0300 numbers are charged the same as a standard rate call
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro), Apple and Google Pay and BH Live Gift Vouchers. We do not currently accept American Express.
I was trying to buy seats online but received an error that it would leave a single seat
Our seating maps are designed to not leave unsold single seats. This is because single seats are likely to remain unsold as most bookings contain two or more people. Whilst we appreciate this may be frustrating, we hope it will free up more seats so you and your group are more likely to find seats together.
I am trying to purchase tickets, but am not able to select from a seat map
During busy on sale periods, tickets will be purchasable on a Best Available basis based on your chosen price range. Due to a higher number of customers than usual being able to enter the purchase journey during the initial rush, Best Available is in place to ensure that you are able to purchase your tickets as quickly and seamlessly as possible. You can view our venue seat maps below.
Do you have seating plans of the venue?
What does "Restricted View" mean?
This applies to certain seats or seating areas where the sight line is obstructed, say by a handrail, or are positioned at a slightly obscuring angle to the stage. This is due to the diverse nature of our shows which can have complex layouts.
Which are the best seats?
This is a matter of personal preference. At Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) for fully seated shows, the Terrace is considered to be the best area. You will, however, also get good views from Blocks B & C, as well as the Balcony and Side Balconies.
What is your child age policy?
- No Under 12s to stand
- Children of 12-13 years standing must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to 4 children)
- Children of 14 years and over may stand without an accompanying adult at a parent's or guardian's discretion.
- There is no age restriction unless the event is advertised as unsuitable for certain ages, such as an X-rated comedian show.
- All children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to supervise a maximum of 10 children)
- Children of 14 years and over do not require an accompanying adult.
- Children under 2 will not be admitted to a performance unless it is identified as a children's show.
Usually, tickets do not need to be purchased for children under 2 unless they intend to occupy a seat separately from the adult accompanying them. However, we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to direct patrons to remove a child under their supervision from a performance where the child is causing disturbance or annoyance to other patrons or performers.
It is strongly recommended that all unaccompanied children remain in the venue until they are collected at the end of the performance.
Charity Requests & Raffle Prizes
We receive a large number of requests for donations. We sell tickets on behalf of show promoters, producers and artists which means we don't own the tickets that we sell and are unable to offer these as a donation. If you are wanting to request this, we would recommend contacting the show promoters or artist directly.
Sold out shows, reselling, and exchanges
If I buy a seated ticket, can I change to standing?
Once a ticket has been purchased, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Can I be added to a waiting list for sold out shows?
We operate a waiting list for people interested in purchasing tickets for an event which is sold out, since changes to event configurations or requirements often make additional seating available. Contact us (see below) for more information on how to be added to the waiting list.
Why are there tickets listed on Viagogo/Facebook/Get Me In etc. when your event has sold out?
We do not list tickets on resale sites. These are listed by customers or ticket touts attempting to resell them, often for personal profit.
Only tickets which are purchased through bic.co.uk, it's affiliated websites and authorised external ticket agents (e.g. Ticketmaster) will be valid.
We cannot vouch for any tickets that have been bought via unofficial means. If a show cancels or changes date, we would not be able to contact you and any money would be refunded directly to the original customer.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any patrons who we have reason to believe have acquired their tickets via an unauthorised agent.
We do not approve of the resale of our tickets by persons for monetary profit or other personal gain. We will suspend the use of our services to any customers who we have reason to believe are undertaking, or have undertaken, this practice. The tickets concerned will be invalidated.
I am now unable to attend a show due to extenuating circumstances, what are my options?
Once purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
We offer Ticket Protection from Secure My Booking which you can claim against if you are unable to attend for a range of reasons. This must be purchased at the same time as booking your tickets.
You are also welcome to resell your tickets at face value if you are unable to attend. Please consider though that if a show cancels or changes date, we would not be able to contact the new ticket holder. Any communication or refund would be made directly to the original purchaser.
Fees and charges
Why do you charge a transaction fee?
Fees contribute towards the ongoing cost associated with providing ticketing services and technology for our venues. As a social enterprise, we invest these fees back into our business to improve services for our customers.
All ticket prices stated are inclusive of additional fees or charges.
Our transaction fee is added at the checkout and is applied once per transaction.
Cancelled and rescheduled events
My show has been rescheduled – what should I do?
Your tickets will automatically be moved to the new date and original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to contact us.
My show has been cancelled – What should I do?
All affected customers will be emailed with the following options:
- Ticket Donation – you can choose to donate either your whole booking value or a nominal amount to the venue instead of claiming a refund. This allows us to keep us delivering a diverse programme and cultural experiences to our customers, now and in the future.
- Gift Voucher – we can issue your refund as a BH Live gift voucher which can then be used for any future performance on sale through BH Live Tickets.
- If you would prefer a refund, this will be processed back to your credit/debit card. We may need to contact you by phone to issue this.
I took out ticket insurance for a show that has now cancelled. How does this affect me?
As per our terms and conditions, Ticket Protection, which is purchased as an additional item, is non-refundable. More information can be found at www.securemybooking.com
What if I didn’t give you an email address when I booked?
Please contact us to provide an email address.
I haven’t received an email for a rescheduled show.
Please check your junk folder and ensure that email@example.com is marked as a “safe sender” by your email service provider. If we do not have the most up-to-date email address, please log in to your account. Please note that if you bought your tickets from a ticketing agent, we will not have your contact details to advise you about show changes - you should contact the agent you booked with.
What if my tickets were a gift? Who will you contact?
For data protection reasons, we will only contact the person who made the original booking.
I have booked pre-paid parking* for a rescheduled show, is it still valid?
Any extras will also be moved and remain valid for the rescheduled performances.
*Please note – Pre-paid parking is only available for shows at the Bournemouth International Centre – should an event change venue, pre-paid parking will automatically be refunded back to the original payment card.
I’ve got a group booking to make, is there anyone who can help me?
Yes, our Groups Manager is here to help with your group booking needs.
Is there a ticket discount for group bookings?
Not all shows have group discounts, but our Groups Manager is here to help with your group booking queries and requirements.
The BIC welcomes everyone and wants the venue to be accessible by all.
Customers with special seating or access requirements can join the Access Scheme; enabling the best possible service and seats for customers with accessibility needs. For more information please visit our Access page.
Blue Badge Parking – There are 35 accessible parking bays in our car park located on levels 1 to 3 of the car park (including 3 overlength spaces on Level 1).
- Accessible toilets on every level, equipped with alarms.
- Hearing Assistance - The Windsor Hall and Tregonwell Hall are fitted with the Sennheiser Infrared Amplification System. Users require a receiver that can be either worn around the neck and used in conjunction with their own hearing aid. Receivers can be loaned from the security office. They are free, yet address details will be required, which will be destroyed upon return of the receiver.
- Guide Dogs and Assistance Dogs are welcome in all BH Live venues and water is available upon request.
If you have specific seating requirements, please ask a member of our ticketing team for advice. You can contact them for more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a limited number of complimentary tickets to events at our venues, for personal assistants accompanying customers with disabilities, where that customer would be unable to attend an event without this person.
Personal assistant tickets are subject to availability and can only be booked by customers registered on our Access Scheme.
For your safety and enjoyment, we carefully manage the items that can be brought into the venue for an event. The list below includes examples of prohibited items, please note that this list is not exhaustive and other items may be refused at the point of entry.
• Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including liquid products which can be consumed.
• Flammable liquids in any container
• Laser pens/pointers
• Video cameras, recording devices and professional cameras
• Laptop computers, tablet devices, Go Pro’s or tablets with filming and recording capabilities
• Large/golf/metal tipped umbrellas
• Knives or weapons of any kind
• Illegal drugs or substances
• Alcoholic beverages
• Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
• Animals (except ADUK registered service dogs)
• Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
• Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
• Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
• Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or flares
• Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
• Food and drinks
• Helmets and full face masks
• Large studs and chains
• Objects like banners, flags, flyers, clothing, and related items that may feature content that could be considered offensive or discriminatory through text, images, or symbols.
Bags are limited to one per person and be no larger than A4 size (35cm x 40cm x 19cm).
Larger bags are at the discretion of the venue and security team. There is a cloakroom in the foyer at a cost of £2 per item (card payment only).
I’ve emailed but haven’t had a reply
We aim to respond to all correspondence within 5 working days, prioritising enquires regarding imminent shows at BIC. Due to the ever-changing nature of the live events industry, response times may take slightly longer than usual - we appreciate your understanding and patience.
I need assistance
For assistance with a query not covered in the help centre please submit a customer enquiry form.
For assistance with lost property, please contact email@example.com